Bio-Optica offers a May-Grunwald Giemsa Quick stain that performs similar to the traditional May Grunwald-Giemsa but is quick to perform like most rapid stains. The product code is 04-090805.
This is a product intended for the preparation of cyto-histological samples for optical microscopy.
Quick method for differential staining of formed blood elements. It can also be used to stain other types of air-dried smears (sediment smears, needle aspirates). The resulting staining can be compared to traditional May Grunwald-Giemsa method.
MGG Quick by Bio-Optica is a good alternative to Romanowsky-type stains, such as Giemsa, May-Grunwald Giemsa and Wright that provide quality smears but they require longer staining process which can take up to 20-30 minutes which is compatible with routine workflow, especially in busy veterinary practices.
Solutions in this kit contain the same dye as traditional May Grunwald and Giemsa solutions. Thanks to their high degree of dissociation, active molecules (eosin and thiazine dyes) can be absorbed by cellular structures very quickly.
The staining process is very easy and requires immersing the slide 5 times for 1 second each in solutions A, B and C. The slide should then be washed in tap water and dried in the air.
1) Dry the smear in the air.
2) Immerse the slide 5 times for 1 second each in solution A. After every immersion wait a moment to drain excess.
3) Immerse the slide 5 times for 1 second in solution B. After every immersion wait a moment to drain excess.
4) Immerse the slide 3-5 times for 1 second in solution C. After every immersion wait a moment to drain excess.
5) Wash in tap water.
6) Dry the slide in the air (do not use heat sources such as oven, etc.…).
The colors and details are superimposable on those of May Grunwald Giemsa standard staining